Nobody Gets You Your DD214 Faster
Congratulations! You're about to retire, kick back and collect your Social Security. And as a veteran, you have distinct benefits and advantages.
|Since 1957, if you had military service earnings for active duty (including active duty for training), you paid Social Security taxes on those earnings. Since 1988, inactive duty service in the Armed Forces reserves (such as weekend drills) has also been covered by Social Security.
Under certain circumstances, special extra earnings for your military service from 1957 through 2001 can be credited to your record for Social Security purposes. These extra earnings credits may help you qualify for Social Security or increase the amount of your Social Security benefit.
Special extra earnings credits are granted for periods of active duty or active duty for training. Special extra earnings credits are not granted for inactive duty training.
If your active military service occurred
- From 1957 through 1967, the SSA will add the extra credits to your record when you apply for Social Security benefits.
- From 1968 through 2001, you do not need to do anything to receive these extra credits. The credits were automatically added to your record.
- After 2001, there are no special extra earnings credits for military service.
How You Get Credit For Special Extra Earnings
The information that follows applies only to active duty military service earnings from 1957 through 2001. Here's how the special extra earnings are credited on your Social Security record:
Service in 1957 Through 1977
You are credited with $300 in additional earnings for each calendar quarter in which you received active duty basic pay.
Service in 1978 through 2001
For every $300 in active duty basic pay, you are credited with an additional $100 in earnings up to a maximum of $1,200 a year. If you enlisted after September 7, 1980, and didn't complete at least 24 months of active duty or your full tour, you may not be able to receive the additional earnings. Check with Social Security for details.
The Application Process.
Most VA offices are requesting that veterans submit a certified copy of their DD214 to substantiate eligibility.
Our researchers are experts in acquiring the documents that are required by the Social Security Administration. For most veterans, this will be a copy of your DD214. Touchstone will provide you with two (2) certified copies.
Touchstone will review your "chart" and copy all pertinent documents to support your application for Social Security benefits.
Now that you're nearing retirement, you'll need your DD214 fast. That's precisely our business. We are the DD Form 214 expediters! Our on-site researchers will always be able to get you your DD214 faster than if you were to apply through the government’s standard web, correspondence, telephone and/or fax processing procedures - saving weeks or months.
Touchstone’s Express Service is a personal research service. We act as your authorized agent. We assign your case to one of our specialized researchers who requests your DD214 (short OR long form) at the appropriate archives facility, physically, in person. If your order is received before 10 am Eastern Time, in many cases we can both make your DD214 available to you online for download through our secure server the same day and FedEx the two (2) certified hard-copies of your DD214 for your in-hand receipt the very next day.
Your records will be kept at one or more of well over 100 different government records repositories, each of which will have its own processing procedure - and processing times. The time in which the Government will provide our on-premises researchers with your "chart" will vary from facility to facility. We can obtain many records the same day. But some facilities will require a little more time. However, in well over 95% of cases, we will deliver a certified copy of your DD214 to you within 7 business days.
You should take these Government internal delays into consideration when you place your order.
As a part of our personal Express Service, if problems are encountered, we will either e-mail or call you to discuss and resolve any difficulties. This speeds the process over snail-mail correspondence.
How to Order
Records Facility Processing Times
First, take into consideration the typical internal Government facility delays.
- Then select the Express Service processing time that you require below. This is the time that should be added to the Government delay to determine approximately when your DD214 will be shipped.
- Click the Add to Cart button below, Checkout and then create your account.
- You'll be given several shipping options. Select your shipping method of choice, from overnight FedEx to 2-4 day Priority Mail.
- Finally, after you've paid and completed your order, there will be a download link to a form at your Order Page. The form provides us with your personal information, your military history, and most importantly your signature. Your records are protected by the Privacy Act and the law requires that we have your written authorization in order to allow us to access your records. Log Into your account and download the PDF form from there. OR, you can access the DD214 Request Form in either HTML (here) OR PDF (here) formats OR submit electronically (no fax required!) through our eSign Form (here) (Beta). Follow the form's simple instructions: complete the form, sign it and send it back to us ASAP so that we’ll have the necessary information and your authorization to commence our search for your DD214. We cannot begin until we have a copy of your signed authorization in-hand. This form MUST be signed by you so that we can act as your agent and on your behalf in regard to our search.
Questions? Or order by phone!
How can our researchers get you your record so fast? We encourage you to read our FAQ (Click HERE)
for any questions or concerns.
The simplest and easiest way to obtain your DD214 is to order it here, online 24/7. But if you still have any questions or concerns ... you can access our on-line chat by clicking the chat button at left. Or call us toll-free: 800-At DD214 (800-283-3214).
Our call center hours are M-F 08:30am to 11:00pm Eastern time, but is closed federal holidays. Our back-office operations are working 24/7 to move your order forward. The earlier you place your order, the sooner we will retrieve your documents.
Guaranteed, Bonded and Insured Service
In all cases, we GUARANTEE the fastest possible delivery. No one can get you your DD214 faster.
* Business Days. Same Day, Two and Three Day Express Service processing require our receipt of your signed authorization by 10 a.m. Eastern Time. Hard copy delivery, Fax and Online Download are all certified copies.
Delivery is FOB shipping point, delivery to shipper. Below are OUR process times, the time within which we will acquire your DD-214 and deliver it to the shipper. You should add to this any internal Government facility delays. Later in the order process you'll be able to select the shipping choice that best meets your needs.